Last Updated on: 21st August 2023, 01:18 pm
Are you looking to watch Locast On Samsung Smart TV? You’re in the right place! While Locast isn’t directly available on the official Smart Hub, there are simple alternatives to help you enjoy its free online TV service. We’ll guide you through the steps, making it easy to stream local news, sports, and more.
Whether you use Chromecast, streaming devices, or a web browser, we have solutions for you. You’ll be able to watch ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox on your Samsung Smart TV. Let’s explore the easy ways to get Locast on your TV.
Can I Watch Locast On Samsung Smart Tv?
Unfortunately, Locast is not currently available on Samsung Smart TVs. However, you can still access our guide and learn the steps of how to get locast on Samsung smart tv. In future locast maybe launch their app. There is no telling what the future holds for Locast, but it would be exciting to see the company launch its own app in the near future.
It would make sense for the company to develop an app that could be used on various devices, including smart TVs. This would give viewers additional access to Locast content and help them stay up-to-date on all of the latest news and events.
Is Locast Available In My Area?
Locast is a live streaming platform that gives customers access to 36 cities across the United States. The platform allows customers to watch events, concerts, and other live content in the country. The recent cities to be added to the list of Locast member counties are Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Locast does not announce in advance when a new city is in the works, so there is no telling when the next one will be added. In this section, we have given the list of areas in which local is available.
List of locations Locast is available in:
- Columbus, Ohio
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Puerto Rico
- Rapid City
- San Francisco
- Sioux City
- Sioux Falls
- Tampa Bay
- Tri-Cities (Tennessee, Kentucky & Virginia)
- Washington DC
- West Palm Beach
- Wilkes Barre-Scranton
This list will provide the customer with the closest Locast location to them. The company will keep updating this list as new cities are added to the list.
How To Get Locast On Samsung Smart Tv?
Samsung Smart TV does not support officially Locast. But, we will guide you on how you can enjoy Locast on Samsung Smart TV.
- Via Chromecast
- Via Airplay
- Using Streaming Devices
Locast On Samsung Smart TV Using Streaming Devices
This is how you broadcast the Locast program on Samsung TV using streaming devices. Some streaming players that support loading via sideloading are Android TV and Fire TV Stick. We have therefore given the steps for using these devices.
1- If you have a Samsung Smart TV, First you can install any of the given streaming devices to begin streaming:
- Android TV Box
- Apple Tv
- Fire TV Stick
- Roku TV.
2- To find and download apps from the store on your device, you can use the Downloader app. then make sure that your Apps From Unknown Sources feature is activated
3- Now need to change the downloader access application to my streaming device, then copy and paste the address of the Locast application Apk you like to download onto it.
4- To stream Locast, download the Locast application using the Downloader application on your device and set it up for streaming.
Locast On Samsung Smart TV Through Roku Device
- First Connect your Roku TV and Samsung Smart TV, and choose “Roku” as your TV service.
- Choose the Locast app from Roku Tv main menu and then input your Sign in Data into it. A few seconds after connecting, the Roku TV will show a message that says “Locast is now enabled.”
- Now Enter your Samsung Smart TV login information and select the content you want to watch.
- And finally, select the “Locast” app from the Roku TV main menu to start watching your favorite shows on your Samsung Smart TV!
Now you stream your favorite TV shows, movies, etc on your Samsung Smart TV without any hassle, just by using the Roku device.
Locast On Samsung Smart TV Through Firestick
- 1 – Download the locast apk and install it on the Firestick device after this Log in with your details.
- 2- Under “General” settings on your Samsung Smart TV, select “Device Info.” Enter the TV’s IP address into the text box and press enter.
- 3- To access live TV channels on an Amazon Fire TV, you’ll need to first configure your device’s “Media Services” settings. Under “Device Type” settings, select “Android TV.”
- 4- To watch Locast on Samsung Smart TV through Firestick, in the “Live Channels” settings, choose the channel you want to watch.
Stream Locast On Samsung Smart TV Using Chromecast
This is how you play locast on samsung smart tv from an Android phone by using Chromecast.
- Download Locast from a genuine source, Chromecast is an app for Android that allows users to enjoy content from their devices on their Samsung Smart TVs.
- To use the Chromecast on your computer, connect it to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android phone.
- Now Choose the accurate option in the cast section of the Notification Panel on your Android phone.
- Press the button on the Chromecast device name on your Android device. You can see your Android phone’s screen to view content on your TV that is linked to your Chromecast. The screen of your Android phone will appear on the TV that is linked to the Chromecast.
- Now open Locast on your phone by launching it from the Android app. Once open the app, you can then use it to stream your preferred channels via your Chromecast-connected Samsung Smart TV.
Stream Locast On Samsung Smart TV Through Airplay
This alternate is how to connect to the locast on samsung smart tv from an iOS device using Airplay. Your TV should come with a built-in Airplay feature or it needs to be connected to an Apple TV to follow this method.
- 1 – The Locast application can be downloaded from the App Store on iOS devices and then turned on the integrated Airplay function for the Samsung Smart TV.
- 2 – To connect an account on your Samsung Smart TV connected to the same Wi-Fi networks as your iOS device
- 3 – Now in the Control Center on your iOS device, select ‘Screen Mirroring’ and choose the brand name of your Samsung Smart TV.
- 4 – Your iOS device will be displayed on your television view your favorite shows on your Samsung TV, start the Locast application, and begin watching them through the Locast application on your iOS device.
Now, you can watch the Locast app’s video using Samsung TV.
How to Watch Local Channels Without Locast
There are a few different ways you can watch local channels without the need for a live streaming service like Locast.
1. Antenna for Free Local Channels
If you’re looking to get local channels without a cable or satellite subscription, there are a few options available to you. You can use an antenna to pick up local channels, or you can use a streaming service like Sling TV or DirecTV Now.
An antenna is the simplest option, and it’s free if you have the hardware to install one. Just search for your local stations online and find an antenna that covers your area. Once you’ve installed the antenna, plug it in and scan for channels. Most antennas have a built-in tuner, so all you need to do is plug in the TV and start watching!
2. Big Five Network Apps
There are a variety of ways to watch local channels without using locast. One way is to use the Big Five Network apps. These apps allow users to watch live and on-demand programming from ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and PBS. They also offer shows from Telemundo and Univision. The app can be downloaded on devices such as phones and tablets.
Just sign up for a Hulu account and start streaming your favorite shows and movies. Hulu now has a great selection of local channels, so you can watch your favorite shows and movies without cable.
Hulu also offers a great selection of original programming. If you’re a fan of Hulu originals, you can watch new episodes as they’re released without having to wait for them to air on cable.
Locast on Samsung Smart Tv Not Working?
If you’re a Samsung Smart TV user and you’re having trouble with Locast, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered. In this section, we’ll show you how to fix the issue so you can get back to watching your favorite shows in no time.
- Check if the power is on.
- Check if there are any obstructions in the HDMI port.
- If there are no obstructions in the HDMI port and the TV is turned on, check if there are any obstructions in the electrical outlet.
- To ensure the security and privacy of your online activity, we recommend that you off any VPN app.
- check your locast app is up-to-date if not
- try unplugging your locast and plugging it back in.
Conclusion: Locast On Samsung Smart Tv
We hope this guide was helpful in teaching you how to watch Locast on your Samsung smart TV. There are a few different methods you can use, so feel free to use to see what works best for you. If it’s not working properly we have also given a troubleshooting guide to fix it. If you have any questions or encounter any problems, be sure to check out our other articles for more help.
FAQ – Locast On Samsung Smart TV
What is Locast?
Locast is a service that allows you to watch live, local broadcast TV on your Samsung Smart TV without an antenna or a cable/satellite subscription.
What channels does Locast offer?
Locast offers the major networks in most markets: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and PBS. In some markets, additional channels may be available.
How do I sign up for Locast?
You can sign up for Locast on the Samsung Smart TV app store.
How do I use Locast on my Samsung Smart TV?
Once you have installed the app, simply launch it and select your market. Then, choose the channel you want to watch and press the “Watch” button.
What if I have a problem with the Locast app?
If you have any problems with the Locast app, you can contact customer support at email@example.com.