Taj Mahal Essay – Given below is a long and short Taj mahal essay in english or unique paragraph on taj mahal for class 6th,7th,8th,9th,10th,11th and 12th students and also for college students which helps them in their school and college assignments.
India is a land of important historical buildings. So, last year our history professor announced that he would take us Agra.
I was keen on seeing the Taj mahal at agra. So I decided to join the tour.
A list of students wanted to go to Agra, was prepared, railway concessions were secured and suitable accommodations were arranged.
My visit to Taj Mahal Essay in English | Taj Mahal Essay 2020
My visit to taj mahal essay in english – In this essay, i will share my unique experience with you, which you will surely enjoy. So, let’s start reading the paragraph on taj mahal
We reached Agra by the Mumbai Express. We did not waste any time, visiting the beautiful Taj Mahal because all of us were very interested to see this dream in marble.
We were highly impressed by the beauty and grandeur of the Taj Mahal. It is located on the bank of river Jamuna, its workmanship and the cypress garden surrounding it, add to grace to this amazing wonder of the world.
The entrance of the Taj is through an impressive big door. Green gardens beautify the surroundings of taj mahal. Just then, there is a row of fountains leading a way to the taj. It stands on a raised platform and surrounded by Cyprus trees on three sides. And it is the Jamuna that flows on the fourth side.
It was indeed a splendid building ever visited by us. It resembles a silver structure building. The dome lies in between the four towers standing like watchmen at each other.
Luckily we visited the Taj Mahal at night, it was a full moon night. Many people have come from different parts of the world to see the beauty of the Taj in the moonlight. Taj Mahal looked glorious. We were delighted by the beauty of the movement.
Our minds went back to the days of Shah Jahan when that builder or king built this great movement at such a high cost. It also reminded us of man’s love for women and his desire to immortalize his love for her.
Then we went down the stairs. There lie the graves of Shah Jahan and his wife, Mumtaj Mahal. Pieces of unique glass in various colors and couplets from the Quran decorate the side walls.
Its vision really cast a magic spell on me. I felt really lost in its beautiful surroundings. The Taj looks like a white fairy. It looks so beautiful against the blue sky. Its beauty smiles in the silvery light of the moon.
In the moonlight, its beauty is beyond words and description.
Its beautiful reflection in the river makes it a dream in marble. Actually, it is not a dream but a reality. It is a wonderful monument of Mughal architecture. That is why it is indeed the eighth wonder of the world.
Long Essay on Taj Mahal in English| Taj Mahal Essay
History of Taj Mahal| 500 Words+ Taj Mahal Essay
Taj Mahal Essay -The Taj Mahal of Agra is one of the Seven Wonders of the world. It is the amazing history of the beautiful Taj Mahal that adds a soul to its magnificence. A soul that is filled with love.
Taj Mahal is a perfect example of how deeply a man loved his wife, by building the Taj, Shah Jahan made sure that this memory would never fade away. Shah Jahan was in deep love with Mumtaj Mahal – a Muslim princess.
Mumtaj Mahal died in 1631. It was in the memory of his beloved wife that Shah Jahan built a beautiful monument as a tribute to her, which we today know as the ‘Taj Mahal’. It was built about three hundred years ago in the year 1631.
Masons, stonecutters, inlayers, carvers, painters, calligraphers, dome-builders, and other artisans were called from the whole of the empire and also from Central Asia and Iran, and it took nearly 22 years to build the beautiful monument that we see today.
Twenty thousand workmen worked day and night for twenty two years to complete it.
The beautiful monument was built entirely out of white marble, which was brought in from all over India and central Asia. It cost about three crores of rupees. Some people criticize it as the wastage of useful resources and money.
But the admirer is very much out of the critics. They admire the immortal love of the Shah Jahan Emperor for his wife.
The passage of time has not dimmed its beauty in any way. It is really a marvel in marble. Like a sign of beauty that gives joy forever, the Taj Mahal stands in my memory.[long essay on taj mahal in english]
Top 10 Interesting Facts about Taj Mahal| Taj Mahal Essay
Taj Mahal is a beautiful white marble historical monument built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his third wife, Mumtaz Mahal. In Arabic, the Taj Mahal is known as “crown of palaces”. It is mentioned to be the unique jewel of Islamic art in a nation that is predominantly Hindu.
As if to showcase the expanse of the Mughal Empire, it conjoins architectures from all the sides of the Empire including Islamic, Persian, Ottoman Turkish, and Indian architectural styles.
Below are some interesting facts about Taj Mahal| Taj mahal essay in english
- 1. The Taj Mahal was built by a whopping 22,000 laborers, painters, stonecutters, embroidery artists.
- 2. The most noticeable feature is the white dome at the peak of the mausoleum. It is often called the ‘onion dome’, it rises to about 35 meters (115 feet) and is surrounded by four other domes.
- 3. Taj Mahal is a famous Indian landmark and tourist magnet, attracting more than a million tourists every year.
- 4. The resources and materials that were used to build the Taj Mahal were transported to the construction site by a whopping 1,000 elephants.
- 5. Taj Mahal tomb contains 99 different names of Allah as calligraphic inscriptions.
- 6. The Taj Mahal is taller than Qutub Minar (with a difference of five feet).
- 7. Over 20,000 laborers were employed to contribute to the massive project of building this beautiful monument of love.
- 8. About 28 types of precious and semi-precious stones were used for gracing the Taj Mahal and they were sourced from Tibet, China, Sri Lanka, and some other parts of India.
- 9. The viral story of arms cut-off of artisans to make sure that no such monument was ever built again is fake as the same man- Ustad Ahmad Lahauri (a Persian from Iran) who was the supervisor of the architect team, laid the foundation of Red Fort too.
- 10. Taj Mahal is one of the most visited and beautiful historical monuments in India and has over 4-8 million visitors annually. Sometimes there are over 40-50 thousand visitors on one single day to capture the iconic sight of this magnificent monument.
Hope you like this Taj mahal essay in english or paragraph on taj mahal. Share it with your friends.
Don’t Miss this:
- [New 2020] Summer Vacation Essay for Students and Children – 500+ Words Essay on Summer Vacation in English
- [New 2020] Essay on My School| My School Essay in English for Students and Children
- [New 2021] My Mother Essay for Students & Children| 500 Words+ Essay on My Mother
- Essay on Diwali in English| Short essay on Diwali
- [New 2020] My Best Friend Essay for Students and Children|500+ Words Essay on My Best Friend
- [CBSE 2020-21] India of My Dreams Essay for Students and Children| 1000+ Words Essay on India of My Dreams