Last Updated on: 12th September 2022, 11:30 pm
If you’re like most people, you have probably used Instacart at one point or another. The service is simple – you order items from local stores and have them delivered to your doorstep. It’s a great way to get groceries without leaving home, and it’s especially convenient when you’re short on time.
But like all good things, Instacart has its downsides. For starters, it can be expensive. Instacart also has a cancellation policy that can be a bit confusing. In this article, we will explain Instacart’s cancellation policy and how to Cancel Instacart Subscription.
What is the Cancel Instacart Subscription Policy?
Instacart allows you to cancel your subscription at any time. However, there are some restrictions.
First, you have to cancel within 24 hours of your order being placed. Second, you have to cancel through the Instacart app or website.
Third, you have to cancel all of your orders with Instacart within 15 days of each other.
Finally, you cannot cancel orders that have already been delivered.
How to Cancel an Instacart Express Membership?
Canceling an Instacart subscription is easy and simply takes a few simple steps. If you need to cancel your subscription, be sure to do so within the specified time frame
Cancel instacart subscription designed for people who have to frequently use the service. It has an annual membership fee, meaning that you won’t need to pay smaller taxes every day. It is great that it does not charge charges for delivery, and it reduces the minimum order amount. Thus, not only will customers get their favorite grocery items delivered, but, they can save money by purchasing often.
You might be a member of Instacart however you’ve observed that you haven’t been using it as frequently in recent times. It could be the case in any similar service such as Chegg. In this scenario, you are left wondering what you can do to stop Chegg or Instacart.
Instacart lets you remove the Express membership at any time by using two different methods. Here’s how to accomplish it:
How To Cancel An Instacart Express Membership In The App
If you choose to make a decision to end your membership with Instacart Express through the application, be aware that it will terminate your membership immediately. If you decide to cancel your membership within the initial 15 days your membership then a full refund will be issued to you, particularly in the event that you’ve not made any purchases in the time. In the event that you cancel, you’ll receive free delivery until the end of that billing time.
You can cancel instacart subscription in the app by following these steps:
- Visit your Instacart application.
- Touch the horizontal three dots located on the top left of your screen
- Select “Instacart Express”.
- Go to the bottom of your screen until you see “Cancel Membership” before tapping it.
- Then then, tap “Continue to close.”
- Select a reason for your decision to cancel.
- Lastly, tap on “Cancel”.
How to Cancel an Instacart Express Membership from a Computer
Instacart Express can be canceled from your computer. The cancellation process for computers isn’t much different from that of the phone application.
- Log on to Instacart and sign in to the account you have created.
- Click “Hi I’m [Your name” (or “Account” in the upper-right corner.
- After that, click “Change my plans.”
- Select “End the membership.”
- Select “Continue to unsubscribe” and your subscription will be canceled.
How to Delete an Instacart Account from the Instacart Website
The Instacart account is easily removed from the website. If you already have an account but didn’t purchase Instacart Express service, then you may simply keep the account and not pay any fees unless you choose to place an order.
Here’s how to erase your account on the site:
- Visit this page on the Instacart website.
- Then, visit the Instacart Help Center page.
- Within the Contact Us section Sign into your existing account.
- Continue scrolling down till you can see My Account, then click it.
- Select “I still need help”.
- Just click on “Chat With Us”.
This will let you get in touch with a support representative to end your account with their assistance.
Refunds will be credited to you on the account in your bank that you connected to Instacart. After that, you will be able to examine your inbox of emails to determine if your account was deleted or not. It takes about 72 hours for deletion to take place after you have informed Instacart about your plans.
Keep in mind that they’ll request details like your account’s name, telephone number, and login email address in order to remove your account completely.
How to Delete an Instacart Account via the App or a Phone Call
Instacart can be deleted through the app or via a phone call. With the application you can also cancel instacart subscription by following these steps:
- Log in to your application.
- Locate the 3 lines that are in the top left corner of the screen, and tap them.
- Pick Instacart Express.
- Continue scrolling down to come to Cancel membership, then tap it.
- A confirmation email will be delivered to you, so tap “Continue to unsubscribe”.
If you’d like to cancel instacart subscription via a phone call, instead it is best to contact 1-888-246-7822 the customer care department. Provide the company with your complete names and emails and also the telephone number to confirm. After account detail verification your subscription will be canceled after the billing period is completed then an SMS is sent to let you know the process has been done.
How to Cancel an Instacart Order
You can also choose to deactivate your Instacart account by using your email. All you need to send an email to the company asking them to remove your account. The steps to follow:
- Log in to the email account that you have registered to.
- Write an email and add the email@example.com email in the recipient field.
- Writing Customer Support: Ask to Remove My Account using the Subject field.
- Send the email and request the company to remove your account from its database and erase the data that you’ve given them.
Be sure to not send a lengthy message. It can take up to 72 hours for the deletion process to be completed. A confirmation email will be sent out to you to request confirmation.
Final Thought: Cancel Instacart Subscription
If you’re considering what to do to cancel instacart subscription to Home Chef or Instacart it is best to take the proper steps. Instacart can be canceled easily with a variety of methods. So select the method that will allow you to end your subscription.