Last Updated on: 23rd April 2022, 04:35 pm
A building management software is computer software that helps manage and monitor the activities of a building. A BMS can be used in place of, or in addition to, traditional management systems such as office managers, schedulers, and planners. A BMS can also be used as an adjunct to other management systems, such as process control software. Today’s buildings are complex and ever-changing, requiring increasingly sophisticated building management systems.
In this comprehensive guide, you’ll learn about the different types of BMSs available today and how they can be used to manage your building. You’ll also learn about the benefits of using a BMS.
About Best Building Management Software List
A building management system (BMS) is a comprehensive system that provides management and communication for a building or structure.
- A BMS can be used to manage different aspects of the building such as security, heating and cooling, lighting, and parking.
- It can also be used to provide information about the building such as occupancy, maintenance, and events.
- A BMS can also be used to track progress on projects and to communicate with other systems within the company.
The most popular type of BMS today is the online application management system (OAS), which is commonly used in large companies and governments. An OAS is complete with a user interface that makes it easy for users to access data and manage tasks within their building
Best Building Management System Software List 
There are three main types of BMSs: digital, paper, and electronic.
- Digital BMSs are the most common type and are used to manage information on a computer. They can be used for both online and offline use.
- Paper BMSs are used to manage paper records. They can be used for online or offline use.
- Electronic BMSs are used to manage information on computers and also provide a graphical interface for managing building activities. They can be used for online or offline use.
Top Building Management Software
- FantasticStay offers a cloud-based centralized platform to manage real estate properties, particularly where there is a holiday lettings aspect. You can manage ads and listings using your account and even run them on services like Airbnb. It is possible to clone properties and have children listings that are under the parent’s property and lots of functions can be automated.
- It can also be used as a platform for communication with customers so that you’re aware of everything happening and manage reservations. It’s an all-in-one solution that includes an in-built website creator, which means it’s not necessary to think whether you can run the program via another web-based application.
- Rentec Direct offers one of the top-value platforms. Prices start at $35 per month, for less than 10 properties. The cost increases with the amount of units, however, it is ideal for landlords with hundreds, not thousands, of properties they must manage. But Rentec Direct is Rentec Direct platform remains full-featured and complete: it offers tenant screening, accountancy, online payments, document organization, and even advertising, all running through an online platform.
- Condo Control Central is a real estate management tool that takes it into the highest level of focus on the smallest of details. Not only does it provide an exclusive management panel that handles every routine task like billing as well as letting and communications as well as taking charge of recording the delivery of your property and even tracks residents’ parking permits and their usage.
- There are also security features to access incident reports keys, incident reports, or entry requirements. Additionally, there are Push Notifications that are available to managers contractors, clients, and employees.
- Building Engines is more focused on managing commercial properties, and that is an expanded and adaptable platform with many additional features. Its web and mobile platforms aim to offer core indicators that extend beyond the process of booking or paying for spaces as well as managing the expectations of clients and their satisfaction.
- You can also set up targets for service or sales delivery and measure results according to your set benchmarks for business. This is why it is used in some of the biggest private management firms as well as the top REITs that are public all across North America.
How Can A BMS Be Used To Manage Your Building?
There are many factors you need to consider when choosing a building management software (BMS). One important consideration is the size of your business. A commercial property management software that is too small may not be able to manage all the tasks required for a successful business.
On the other hand, a BMS that is too large may be unable to handle the tasks required for a successful business. You also need to determine the budget you have available. A BMS that is too expensive may not be able to achieve the necessary results for your business.
After you’ve determined the features and budget of your BMS, it’s time to choose one. There are many different BMS options on the market today, so it’s important to find one that will fit your specific needs and desires.
A BMS can be used to manage a building in a number of ways.
- One way is to use it as an office management system. You can use a BMS to schedule employees, track progress on projects, and manage resources.
- A BMS can also be used to manage the environment of a building. You can use it to regulate temperature, humidity, and air quality.
- A BMS can also be used as a process control system. This means that it can control the activities of employees and equipment in your building.
- A BMS can be a valuable asset to your business. With a BMS, you can manage and monitor the activities of your building more effectively. A BMS can also be used as an adjunct to other management systems, such as process control software.
In addition, a BMS can be an important tool for keeping your building on track. By using a BMS, you can ensure that your building is performing as expected and that no surprise problems occur.
The Benefits Of Having A Building Management Software
A BMS can have a number of benefits for your business.
- For starters, it can help you streamline your process. By having a central management platform, you can track all of your building data and make better decisions about how to allocate your resources.
- Additionally, by using a data center that provides redundancy and performance guarantees, you can avoid any potential problems with your building.
- Finally, by managing your staff and resources through the software administration platform and property insurance system, you can ensure that your building is always safe and sound.
As a business owner, you need to be aware of the features that building management software (BMS) can offer. A BMS can help you manage your buildings, identify and address problems in your buildings, and more. Here are some of the features of a good BMS:
- -A BMS can help you track building activity and identify potential problems.
- -A BMS can help you automate the process of issuing permits and building regulations.
- -A BMS can help you keep track of both tenants and property owners.
- -A BMS can help you maintain records of repairs and maintenance work done on your buildings.
Building Management Software 
Building management software are computer-driven systems used to control and monitor building services like:
- Heating, air conditioning and ventilation ( HVAC).
- The Fire , smoke detection and alarms.
- Motion detection, CCTV, security and access control.
- ICT systems.
- Industrial processes or equipment.
- Shading devices.
- Intelligent meters.
They can also be utilized to monitor and regulate the distribution of power as well as energy consumption and uninterrupted power supply (UPS) and are often called BEMS or building energy management systems (BEMS).
- Building management systems assist building managers to understand how their buildings function and permit them to monitor and modify systems to optimize their efficiency.
- Apart from collating information and making it easier to monitor, BMS can help; visualize data, generate reports, and generate alarms and notifications when conditions are violated, failings happen, or, using prognostic systems, to predict when it is likely that failures will occur. BMS can also facilitate the comparison of the spaces, buildings, and benchmark data.
The efficiency of BMS is contingent on the quantity and quality of the data it gathers from sensors as well as the implementation of how that information is utilized.
For instance, data about the external and internal environment can be used to determine the amount of heating needed so that it can be activated and a building is pre-heated prior to people arriving.
Don’t Miss this:
- ERP Accounting Software |  Ultimate Guide to ERP Software
- Best Inventory Management Software  | Improve Your Businesses Efficiency and Growth
- Best Accounting Software For Sole Traders | The Ultimate Guide 
- Top Latest Talent Management Software 
- Best Ways To Use POS Systems For Restaurants
- Best Accounting Software For Self Employed  | How to Choose the Right One